“You are what you eat.” – Victor Lindlahr
What you eat affects many aspects of your life. Food remains the number 1 item to give your body the proper fuel and nutrition. The food that your put into your body dictates how your body process things. When eating moderately, the nutrition contributes to your bones, brains, and heart. Eating in excess, has a reverse affect on your body, adding more fat that easily clogs ateries and veins that prevent mobility and increases conception of diseases.
I live my life trying to balance every thing I eat. Yes, I get the intense cravings for Godiva chocolate but I know if I eat the entire box, my face will explode with acne and then I will see my weight increase within several days. Some people don’t care. But I know I’m vain enough to control my appetite. Vainity is my motivation to maintain a healthy lifestyle.
After my second child, Emma, was born, I noticed my weight barely budged from the scales. My doctor’s recommendation that I lose that weight now before it spiraled out of control – I was immediately afraid. I came across a Rachael Ray article regarding Super Foods and was surprised that I was probably not losing the weight because I wasn’t eating right for my age. I was only a year away from 30. According to Rachael Ray:
Best Foods for Your 20s are:
1. Eating Your Veggies especially those that contain Vitamin B and folate.
2. Coconut Water along with Bananas and sweet potato are low in calories and contains potassium – great for your skin.
3. Quinoa – a whole grain that ups the fiber content of your diet. You need to watch the refine flour in white bread and pasta – too much of these carbs tend to add to your weight quickly.
4. Low fat greek yogurt is great for Vitamin D for those non milk drinkers. You still need to find other vitamin D sourcces for your bones to prevent ostereoporis.
5. Frozen fruit as replacement of sugary foods. If you want that piece of chocolate, swap it for frozen fruit that is handy from your freezer.
6. Chicken and eggs to add protein to your body without the high contents of fat.
Best Foods for 30s:
1. Walnuts relieves stress and eating nuts decreases high blood pressure.
2. Oatmeal reduces cholestrol and contains stress relievers.
3. Edamame helps you sleep better.
4. Avocado contains a lot of folate that helps prevent birth defects in pregnancies such as cleft lip or palate.
5. Light tuna contains high omega 3s that fights depression and boosts fertility.
6. Lentils contains fiber and antioxidants.
Best Foods for your 40s:
1. Ginger regulates your blood pressure and helps out with your sex life too.
2. Kale helps out with your eye sight.
3. Cherries are great for reducing inflammation of your joints.
4. Salmon are high in omega 3s for your joints.
5. Extra Virgin Olive Oil is better for your heart.
6. Green Tea is essential to boost your metabolism and helps out with your memory.
Also check out The Doctors. They have several articles relate to Eating Right For Your Age
Foods are very important in fighting colds and maintaining every day health. I know if my throat hurts, Honey mixed in with hot water and a bit of lemon will soothe it almost instantly. Garlic and low fat plain yogurt and canberries helps keep yeast infections and UTIs away.
We live in a drug filled world. I rather try more natural ways to maintain my health. I hate taking medications. If I want my Vitamin D, I will drink milk or have a string cheese snack. Vitamin C – eat an orange. Folic Acid – eat my greens like spinach or avocado.
There’s so many foods that relates to my age. I am not going to pass it up and have something happen to me if I can prevent it.